Android is all about customizing your phone and making it perform best for you. Tasker is an app for phone automation that allows users to program the device’s response to a particular system event. Almost every system event relevant to device status or sensor can be used by Tasker to trigger an action.
Users create a list of actions known as tasks that can be executed according to a range of contexts. You ask Tasker to perform a particular function when a certain thing happens. Its tasks are similar to IFTTT, and both of them feature multiple plugins.
While IFTTT offers broader service support and cross-platform utilization, Tasker can do more on the Android platform to hit more complicated actions. Actions in Tasker tasks can be as straightforward or as complicated as you want them to be. Context can be a range of things, like automatic profiles and plugins, shortcuts, or opening an app and tapping play.
How does it work?
Tasker features four tabs to work with upon its launch. These tabs include Profiles, which is a contextual way to trigger tasks, Scenes tab is a visual interface that is used to build and execute tasks, Vars are the values that can be assigned and changed over time. It has various built-in global variables that enable you to assign your variables as you want.
In order to create a task, you are required to assign it a name and then begin assigning actions to your created task. Actions are grouped to their types, but you are able to search for them by name, which makes things a lot easier for Tasker builders.
Once you choose an action, you can configure it as you want. If your actions are in order, you can execute your tasks by tap play or add them into a profile to launch at a specific time when a specific app opens.
Best Tasker Profiles
Below are some of the best Tasker profiles to simplify the use of your phone;
Launch Multiple Apps in a Sequence
Tasker helps you to save your time by launching multiple apps after one another. Once you are done viewing your mails, you can turn to a newsreader.
To do this, you need to perform below easy steps;
- Click the + icon to create a profile and select the app.
- Go to the menu and select the app you want to launch first.
- Assign the name to the new task
- Tap the + icon
- Go to the App option.
- Tap the Launch App and choose the app you want to launch next
- Go back to the Profile tab.
- Tap and hold the 2nd app
- Choose Move to the Exit option.
Set Sleep Timer to Your Music
If you are a person who has a habit of sleeping while listening to your favorite music, then this Tasker profile will help you to solve this problem. You can create a sleep timer to stop the music after a certain time. To do this, you have to follow these steps;
- Press + icon and create a new task.
- Navigate to the media section
- Go to the Media control and choose CMD.
- Choose the Stop option.
- Drag the task timer widget to the home screen by going to the Tasker menu
- Link it to the task and select the sleep timer created in the first step
Open Music Player Upon Plugging Headphones
Tasker offers a way for you to automatically play your favorite music when you plug in your headphones. To do this, you have to follow these steps;
- Click the + icon to create a new Tasker profile.
- Choose the State option from the menu.
- Choose Hardware option
- You will be prompted to a new set of options.
- Tap the Headset Plugged option and then go back
- Assign this task a name of your choice
- Press the + icon and choose the app
- Tap the Launch app option
- Select your favorite music app
Send a Message When Your Battery is About to Die
Sometimes you are on a trip and can’t access to plug your phone in to charge. A low battery means your phone will be soon turn off, and you are cut off from your closed ones for a while. You want your family to know about your state. Tasker profile will help you to send a text message to your closed ones as soon as your phone battery hits the low percentage. To do this, you have to follow these steps;
- Press the + icon to create a new profile
- Choose the State option.
- Select Power option from the options
- Select Battery Level option
- Set the battery percentage for which you want Tasker to send a message and then go back
- Assign a name to the task and tap + icon
- Choose the Phone option and then select the Compose SMS option.
- A new screen will pop up where you can type the message and create a list of recipients.
Keep the Screen on While Reading eBooks
Technology is so advanced nowadays, and we can read our favorite books on your smartphones. But tapping the screen of your phone over and over again while reading an eBook is really a frustrating thing. To avoid this, Tasker is here to help you to keep your phone’s screen on while you are enjoying reading. You can do this by doing these easy steps;
- Create a new profile by tapping + icon.
- Assign a name to the task
- Tap the + option to add an action to your task
- Select the Display option
- Choose the Display Timeout option
- Enter the time of your choice to keep the screen on
Turn on Wifi while Opening Google Maps
Tasker will help you to turn wifi on automatically when you launch Google Maps on your phone, which will also save you time. To do this, follow these instructions;
- Tap the + option to create a new profile
- Choose Google Maps from the menu option
- Assign a name to the task
- Tap the + icon
- Navigate to Network and then choose wifi
- You will be prompted to the next menu where you can turn on the wifi option
Tasker is a useful tool to customize your phone settings. You can automatically assign multiple tasks to it and save your time. Above are some useful and best Tasker profiles that you should try on your phone.
Below are some most asked questions by multiple users;
Q: Can I use Tasker on my iPhone?
Ans: Yes, the Tasker app is available for both iOS and Android phones, and you can download it from the App Store.