If you face some problems regarding WMI Provider Host High CPU Usage, this guide will provide you core solutions to solve your problems. Before moving on to How to Fix WMI Provider Host High CPU Usage, I will give you some idea about WMI Provider Host, so let’s start with!
What is a WMI Provider Host?
WMI stands for Windows Management Instrumentation, is a set of protocols built into Windows operating systems to make more accessible the communication among System and various programs. It is a useful service without that applications cant execute. Several Features of your PC are useless without WMI.
WMI Provider Host is a window host management process that is utilized for monitoring purposes by developers. It is the central core of windows that relatively executes in the background. WMI Provider Host is a significant feature for enterprises that mainly handle PCs, particularly information shown in a standard style in administrative consoles and requested via scripts.
Now get started with!
How To Fix WMI Provider Host High CPU Usage
Some concrete solutions are used to Fix WMI Provider Host High CPU Usage. These solutions are written below:
- Restart WMI Provider Host Service
In some scenarios, the issue is with WMI Provider Host Service holding many of your PC resources. To fix this problem, you can restart it; below are some steps to guide you about how to restart it.
- First of all, from your keyboard, you have to press the Windows logo and R key simultaneously; next, you have to enter the services.msc in the search box, then you have to press the Enter.
- Now you have to press the W key to go to the Windows Management Instrument service quickly. Then you have to the right click on it and select the Restart option.
- Next, you have to simultaneously press the Windows and X key; then, you have to select the Command Prompt (Admin) option.
Note: if you are using windows ten on your PC, you have to enter cmd.exe in the search bar, and right click on Command Prompt then you have to select Runs as administrator.
- In the next step, you have to type the following commands in the Command Prompt window.
- After typing each Command, you have to press the Enter key.
- After entering all the commands, now you have to Restart your PC.
- Boot into Safe Mode with Networking
Troubleshooting in a safe Mode will support you in identifying the problems. This is a step by step process:
- Simultaneously, you have to press the Windows logo and R key, then you have to enter the msconfig in the search box and press the Enter key.
- Next, you will go the Boot tab, and you have to tick the safe boot checkbox then select the Network option. Now you have to click on Apply and then OK to save.
- Before clicking on the Restart option to enter into the Safe Mode, ensure that you have saved your data and files.
- After coming in the Safe Mode, you have to press the Windows log and X key simultaneously, then you have to select the Windows Power Shell (Admin).
- Now you will type the following Command in the Windows Power Shell (Admin) and press the enter key.
- You will look at the troubleshooting window. Now you have to click on the Next to run the troubleshooting.
If the troubleshoot finds out some issues with your System, you have to follow the instruction to make it repaired.
- When the process of troubleshooting ends, now you require to boot into standard form. You have to repeat the above 1st Then you have to go to the Boot tab and empty the checkbox for safe boot. You have to click on Apply then OK to save and exit. Finally, you have to restart your computer into Normal Mode.
- Use Event Viewer
Event Viewer is a fantastic troubleshooting tool through which you can fix different kinds of issues. Due to users, by using Event Viewer, you can Fix WMI Provider Host High CPU Usage, there are some concrete steps to fix this problem, and you have to follow these steps that are given below:
- First, you have to press the Windows + X key; after this, you will select the Event Viewer from the list.
- When Event Viewer begins, you have to visit the View menu then check Show Analytic and Debug Logs.
- First, you have to go to Application and Service Logs, go to the Microsoft > Windows>WMI Activity, and then go to the Operational.
- You have to choose any of the shown errors then check for extra information.
- Next, you have to look for ProcessID and keep its value in your mind.
Bear this thing in your mind that you have to check all the errors and write all the ProcessID values.
- To start the Task Manager, you have to press the Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
- When the Task Manager starts, you have to go to the Services tab; then, you have to check the PID for all executing devices.
The service that you find out if it matches the value of 4 is then required to pop out that application related to that service.
By merely right-clicking, some user also deactivates the service and selecting Stop option from the list.
- Disable HP Software Framework Service
To Fix WMI Provider Host High CPU Usage through this method, you have to follow some steps that are written below:
- First, you have to press the Windows + R key on your keyboard; you have to type Services.msc in the search bar.
- After entering the services.msc, you have to click on OK or Press Enter Key.
- Now the list of all the available services will be shown.
- You have to locate the HP software Framework service and to open its properties by double-clicking.
- When it opens, go to the Startup type and set it to Disabled, now you have to click on the Stop button to stop the service.
- Finally, you will click on the Apply button then press OK to save these changes.
This issue should be fixed after disabling this service. Bear this thing in your mind that disabling this service will stop HP wireless assistant working because the HP wireless service is also the reason to occur this problem.
- Disable Multipoint Connector Component
The multipoint connector is the big reason for the occurring problem with WMI Provider Host High CPU Usage. To fix this problem, you have to follow some concrete steps that are given below:
- First of all, you need to press the Windows + S key then enter into the features.
- Now, you have to go to the Turn Windows features on or off option and then select it.
- Now the windows Feature windows will be shown, and you have to go to the Multipoint Connector option, then you have to disable the option by un-ticking.
- After doing this, you have to click on OK to save these changes.
After Disabling MultiPoint Connector, this issue will be solved.
- Uninstall Components and Drivers Causing the Problem
Hardware drivers and faulty component are the ones of the main reason to occur this problem; for to fix this issue, you have to uninstall them; there are some steps for to fix this problem these steps are mentioned below:
- First, you will press the Windows logo + X key simultaneously, then go to the Event Viewer and select it.
- Now go to the View button on the top of the window, click on it, and then go to the Show Analytic and Debug Logs.
- You have to follow the path on the left side: first, go to the Applications and Service Logs, then Microsoft > Windows > WMI Activity > Operational log. Now you have to mark the latest items that are listed as Error.
- Next, you have to press the Windows logo + X key simultaneously, and move your cursor on the Task Manager then select it.
- After opening the Task Manager, you have to select the Details tab; then, you have to find all those IDs match as you can look in the Event Viewer in the PID column. When you locate these processes, you can disable or uninstall its service according to your choice.
This is all about How to Fix WMI Provider Host High CPU Usage, I explained every solution regarding this in too much detail, and I hope after reading this post your every query related to How to Fix WMI Provider Host High CPU Usage will be solved, and you will quickly fix this problem. If you have any questions more, you can contact us by giving your comment below in the comment section, and we are glad to respond to you.
Q: How to Fix WMI Provider Host High CPU Usage?
Ans: Go to the above How to Fix WMI Provider Host High CPU Usage Section and read the guidelines and follow the solution you want to fix; you can quickly fix this issue.