Are you also among those users who want to have iMessage on Windows PC? Below you will find a complete guide that will help you to do that.
iOS devices are incredible because of their remarkable features. The most important one that makes iOS more trendy is iMessage. It has been updated recently, and as soon as the new updates arrived, people went crazy to have iMessage on Windows PC.
iMessage can be used on iPads and iPhones, and even support Mac systems, which makes it incredibly popular among its users.
Now the question is, what about those who have Windows PCs? They are also actively looking for ways to get iMessage on Windows PC.
If you also have Windows PC and want to use iMessage on your Windows machine, it is insisted on reading on the post till the end. I have explained everything in detail, and I’m sure that this guide will help you have iMessage on Windows PC.
So, let’s begin!
How iMessage Functions?
Before proceeding further, let’s talk about how iMessage works? iMessage is an incredible communication app and stormed to popularity as soon as Apple released it in 2012. Using iMessage on your iOS device, it lets you continue your chat with your dear ones using your Mac device from where you left off on your iOS device.
Moreover, the greatest aspect that makes iMessage more trendy among users is it’s free, and anyone can use it by just creating their iMessage account on either iOS or Mac device.
This isn’t activated by default when buying your iOS device, and you have to activate it yourself. The process is simple, and all you have to do is access settings of your iOS and then turn on the iMessage option. After that, now you can easily use iMessage to send and receive messages from whoever you want. Moreover, it also lets you send messages to multiple recipients at once.
It is worth mentioning that to send and receive messages on your iOS device; you are acquired to have a stable internet connection.
iMessage vs. SMS
Now, you might be curious to know why iMessage when you have SMS? Well, iMessage is much superior to SMS. Here is what iMessage offers and what you can do via SMS.
- With iMessage, you will be able to access its cool features that SMS doesn’t have.
- iMessage lets you share your location that otherwise would be impossible with SMS.
- You can also send voice messages using iMessage.
- iMessage also lets you check whether your messages have been delivered or not.
- You will also be able to receive read receipts of your messages.
- It will also let you know whether you are getting a reply to your message in real-time by displaying typing dots.
- You can also send animated GIFs, stickers, share your favorite music, and even transfer money through Apple Pay.
- It syncs with your cloud account, which enables you to get all of your chats even if you lose your phone or buy a new one.
- You will be able to get your messages on multiple iOS devices and Mac, such as iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, iMac, etc.
- You can use an in-built SMS service to send a text to your friends with an Android phone.
- It doesn’t require internet connectivity, so you can send messages to your friends even when you don’t have internet access.
How to Use iMessage on Windows PC?
Since iMessage is exclusively developed for iOS devices and it works seamlessly great on them. Now, if you are also a fan of it and want to have it on your Windows PC, it might be a challenging task, but you don’t have to worry about anything.
Unlike WhatsApp or any other app that has a web version, and you can use it easily on your Windows PC, this is not the case with iMessage as it doesn’t have a web version. Moreover, you won’t find any other online dedicated service from Apple’s tool.
But why is that? Well, the reason is pretty simple – Apple doesn’t aim to develop apps that can be used on other operating systems except for iOS and Mac. And that is why there are millions of users who want to use iOS apps, but Apple keeps disappointing them.
However, it doesn’t mean at all that you cannot use iMessage on Windows PC. There are a few techniques that you can utilize to have it on your desktop. In addition to Windows users, these ways can also be used by Linux and UNIX users as well. After trying one of these ways, you will be able to send and receive messages from iMessage on Windows PC.
Enough talk, now let’s come to the point – How to use iMessage on Windows PC?
Method One: Use Chrome Remote Desktop to Have iMessage on Windows PC
- A Mac device.
- A Windows PC.
- Chrome Remote Desktop Extension.
- Chrome Remote Host Installer.
- Stable Wifi or LAN connection.
Using Chrome Remote Desktop, you can easily use iMessage on your Windows PC. This isn’t a workaround but a systematic technique to use iMessage on Windows PC. Using Chrome Remote Desktop on your Windows PC, you will be able to remotely access the screen of any other device.
If you have both Mac and Windows system and want to use iMessage on Windows PC, you can access your Mac system’s screen to do that. It means, before trying this method, you make sure that you have a Mac device in working condition.
Moreover, make sure both of your Mac and Windows systems are connected to a stable internet connection. You can use either Wifi or LAN.
Now that you have all the above components ready with you, here is what to do next;
- First and foremost, download and install Google Chrome on both of your Mac and Windows systems.
- Once you have installed Chrome, download and install Chrome Remote Desktop extension on both Mac and Windows systems.
- Once you are finished installing the Chrome Remote Desktop extension on both the systems, launch it from the Chrome screen’s top-right corner.
- Now, you have to download the Chrome Remote Host Installer on your Mac system.
- Once it is downloaded, click on it to install it.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation process.
- Once it is finished, now launch the Chrome Remote Desktop from your Mac device.
- Now, it will give you a code that will be consisted of 12 digits. Note it somewhere from where you can easily access it.
- Now, head over to your Windows PC, and launch the Chrome Remote Desktop on it.
- You will see a field where it will ask you to enter the 12-digit code.
- Enter the code that you have noted down earlier.
- Congratulation, now you can access your Mac system on your Windows PC. Go to the app drawer to use iMessage on Windows.
Method Two: Use IPADIAN Emulator to Use iMessage on Windows PC
For instance, if you don’t have a Mac device and only have Windows PC, the method I have mentioned above is not for you.
Now what you have to do is use an emulator that lets you use iMessage on your PC. You can easily find various emulators that help you run iOS apps on Windows, but I recommend using the IPADIAN emulator.
iPadian iOS emulator lets you access the iOS operating system right from your Windows PC so that you can enjoy the iOS apps there. It is easy to use, simple, and lightweight. Moreover, it works perfectly fine for Windows PCs.
Now, let’s know how to use it to use iMessage on Windows PC!
- iPadian iOS emulator.
- A Windows PC.
- Internet connection.
- Apple ID and password
Now if you have above things ready with you, here is what to do next;
- First and foremost, download and install the iPadian emulator from your Windows PC using the link (https://ipadian.en.softonic.com/).
- Once downloaded, run the setup file to launch the installer.
- Once installed, launch it on your Windows PC.
- Now it will ask you to login using your Apple ID and password. Enter the required information to log in to it. If you don’t have an Apple account, click on the Create new option to get one.
- Once logged in to your Apple account, you will be able to access iOS right on your Windows PC.
- Search the iMessage in the apps and click on it.
- Congratulation! You can now use the iMessage on Windows PC.
Whenever you want to use iMessage on Windows, you just have to run iPadian. Not only that, but you can also play or use iOS apps on your PC as well.
Method Three: Use Bluestacks Emulator to use iMessage on Windows PC
If you don’t want to use both of the above methods, here is another one. If you don’t want to use an iPadian iOS emulator, you can use the BlueStacks emulator, which is an Android emulator. The process of using iMessage on Windows PC is pretty simple and almost the same as what we have discussed in the above method.
- BlueStacks Android emulator.
- Windows PC.
Now, if you have the above things ready, here is what to do next;
- First and foremost, download the BlueStacks Android emulator on your Windows PC from the web. It is easily available, and you can easily download it.
- Once downloaded, launch the setup file to install it. Follow the on-screen steps until the installation is completed.
- Once done, launch it on your Windows PC.
- Search iMessage, and once you see the searched results, click on iMessage to download it.
- Once done, launch iMessage on Windows PC to send and receive messages to your dear ones.
iOS is a fancy operating system that offers various incredible features to its consumers. It is the 2nd most used operating system in the world, only behind Android. However, it is also a fact that it offers inexpensive products that not everyone can afford, and perhaps that is the biggest reason why Android is the most used operating system. iMessage, with new updates, attracted millions of users as it offers some incredible and unique features. However, it can only be used on iOS or Mac devices, and users with other operating systems are now looking for ways that let them use iMessage on Windows PCs. To do that, you can follow the guide, as mentioned above, that will help you to install iMessage on your Windows PC. For further queries, do not hesitate to leave us a comment below.
Q: Can I install iMessage on my Windows 10 PC?
Ans: Yes, you can download and install iMessage on Windows 10 PC easily. To do so, you can follow the steps that I have stated above.
Q: Does iMessage work on Mac?
Ans: Yes, iMessage is exclusively developed for both iOS and Mac devices, and it works wonderfully well on both the operating systems.
Q: Can I send a voice message through iMessage?
Ans: iMessage offers various cool features, and lets you send voice messages, text, stickers, GIFs, share your location, send money using Apple Pay, and much more.
Q: How can I download and install iMessage on Windows PC?
Ans: There are three ways to download and install iMessage on Windows PC. You can use Chrome Remote Desktop extension, use iPadian, or BlueStacks emulator to download and install it.