OCR means Optical Character Recognition. The OCR software offers the ability to use document scannings such as for invoices, text, and other files into a digital format such as a PDF format.
Best 8 OCR Software
In this discussion, we are going to discuss the top 8 Best OCR software.
Tesseract is the most powerful and advanced OCR software that has an OCR engine that can extract texts from the images in any format such as BMP, JPEG, PNG, TIFF, and also PDF files.
- Tesseract’s OCR API is used to recognize and convert the large size images and PDF files.
- It is available for all of the operating systems such as Windows, macOS, and Linux.
- Tesseract is also completely free and can be used to convert thousands of images into text.
Adobe Acrobat DC
Adobe Acrobat DC has powerful features of optical character recognition software and it can support many input files such as .doc, .docx, .xls, .ppt, .xlsx, .pptx, .ps, .eps, .prn, etc. It makes it easier for you to extract any part from the text to reformat and retype the sequence of text.
- You can easily obtain a scanned editable document with this tool
- The OCR is automatically applied to your document when you click on Edit PDF
- You can also save the new file that has the remains of the original one.
Readiris is a high-performance OCR software that comes with a new interface and also a new recognition engine, which has faster document management. With this software, you can easily convert files into many different formats, such as audio files, because of its verbal recognition.
Readiris requires very little effort to get started, but it is not a free product. It is a paid program, and you actually get what you pay for, which means that.
- Readiris supports a lot of file formats
- It has other attractive features that simplify the conversion process
- It has a rare cloud saving feature that enables a user to save the extracted text to any different cloud storage services.
ABBYY FineReader is an OCR software that can deal with all kinds of popular image formats like PNG, BMP, JPG, and TIFF. It can also extract texts from PDF files. Once the source file for scanning is loaded up that must have 300 dpi resolution at least, the program analyzes it and also checks different sections of the file that has extractable text.
- You can extract all the text, or you can choose specific sections.
- You can use the Save option to choose your output format.
- There are many output formats supported by this software, such as TXT, RTF, PDF, and even EPUB.
Easy Screen OCR
Easy Screen OCR is a free OCR software that is cloud-based. This means that it has a Google-powered recognition engine that also requires strong and active internet access.
- This application is used to extract texts from the screenshots
- It lets you copy the text from websites
- It can support more than 100 languages.
- If you want to translate any other languages like a Chinese text, you can take a screenshot and have the Easy Screen OCR do it for you.
The OmniPage Ultimate is packed with a lot of features above and beyond expectations with a very high price tag than other software. It is mostly used in large organizations and has the following key features.
- Set of comprehensive features
- Custom workflows
- It does have excellent speed
- It is very accurate
Simple OCR is a very basic tool that is used to convert your hard-copy printouts into text files that can be edited. It is used when you have a lot of handwritten documents to convert, and you want them to be converted into editable text files.
- The Simple OCR can be your best choice.
- The handwritten extraction has many restrictions
- The software is only offered as 14 days of a free trial. After that, you have to buy it.
- Machine print is free of cost and has no restrictions.
The free OCR uses a Tesseract Engine that was first developed by HP and is currently being maintained by Google. As we already mentioned that Tesseract is a very powerful engine, and it is also to be one of the most accurate engines in the world.
- FreeOCR can handle PDF formats very well
- It also supports devices such as digital cameras and image scanners.
- It supports all the known image files.
- You can use this software to extract texts from a picture with a high level of accuracy.
Online OCR (Alternate)
The Online OCR recognizes a text from any PDF document or the images and allows you to convert 15 images per hour in editable text formats. Some of the great features of this online OCR are.
- It can support more than 46 different languages, such as English, Spanish, Chinese, French, etc.
- It can handle different formats such as BMP (Bit Map), PNG (Portable Network Graphics), and also zip files, etc.
- You can convert the text into Word, Excel, RTF, and other plain text formats.
- It allows you to integrate the converted files into the website.
In this discussion, we discussed the best 8 OCR software for you. Each of them have unique features. All of the data mentioned here is relevant and authentic; we hope this info is useful to you, and if there are any questions, you can leave a comment below.
Does Google have OCR?
The Google Docs of the Android app has this new feature of OCR support.
Is OCR software accurate?
An OCR is used to convert an image into searchable text. And most of the OCR software provides 98 to 99 percent of Accuracy that is measured at the page level.