As a regular mobile phone user, getting calls on your phone is just a part of life. But getting calls from an unknown phone number can sometimes be annoying. Due to calls from unknown numbers, you don’t know who is calling or texting you, and you sometimes just think of getting rid out of this mess.
Top 10 Best Reverse Phone Lookup Apps
When someone teases you with an anonymous number, you want to know his identity, and for that purpose, a free reverse phone number search app can help you to figure out the identity of those callers.
Usually, these apps can find a person through their names. In a reverse phone lookup, you can also figure out the identity of the caller, and some apps also can check and detect the point of location from where the call is being made. In this discussion, we are going to discuss the best 10 reverse phone lookup apps.
Truecaller was launched in 2009. It is one of the popular dialer replacements and caller ID app as free. It is one of the most used android caller ID apps around the world, and it has a user base of 150 million.
Truecaller is the top of the best caller ID app as it is backed up by a large spam list, which is created with the help of 200 million users around the world. The app can also identify the numbers which are calling with the appropriate info about to let the user know who is calling him.
Some of the issues that you may sometimes experience with this app are.
- Security issues are encountered by lots of users
- The info displayed of the caller by the app can be wrong sometimes
- The caller ID feature needs more improvement than the developing features
Show caller ID
This is another great app that works as a reverse phone lookup that you can easily download from the web. With this app, you can get details of the unknown caller’s in just seconds. If the call is from a known caller, then you can create it as a new contact and add it to your phone.
If you get a call from an unknown caller, then you can also block it. It is one of the best reverse phones lookup services app with 1 million downloads on the Google play store. With this application, you can get rid of unwanted calls by blocking them and find your friends and family members and also unknown numbers details in seconds
- Showcaller is an absolutely free app with Caller ID support.
- You protect your phone connection by blocking unwanted calls and messages or identifying the caller.
Hiya Caller ID and Block
Hiya Caller ID is an app that identifies a call and lets it upto the user if he wants to attend the call or ignore it. The app can also be used to blacklist the spam numbers or un-identified numbers and fake calls. This application uses the reverse phone lookup feature to identify the caller. It has more than 10 million downloads on Google Play Store with a rating of 4.4-stars.
Hiya is a powerful app that can easily identify the number of callers who make calls every month. For its users, the app has identified more than 1 billion spam calls until now. The app also scans a message that is sent to your phone and checks it, whether it is a virus or malware. Some of the issues that you may face with this app are.
- Speed issues in the app
- The paid version is not that satisfactory
- Reporting the number of features unavailable for the new Android versions
Should I Answer
This is the app as you can get the idea from the name; it helps the user in identifying a call and deciding whether he should answer the call or not. This app helps in letting users know the nature of the call so that he knows if it is spam or regular call.
The good thing with this application is that it automatically blocks all the calls from any foreign numbers or hidden numbers. This app works even without the internet, which makes it in the list of one of the best caller ID app available on Google Play Store. Some of its flaws are
- A bug may make the user unable to take calls
- A very typical user interface
- Keeps asking for a review from the users
Showcaller helps a user in letting him know who is trying to reach him. It provides an accurate location of the caller and identifies it and adds the number to the database. The application also provides an option to blacklist any numbers, and it helps you ignore any annoying calls conveniently.
Calls can also be recorded with this application, but you should be sure that where you are located, must allow this option because in some places, recording a call without someone’s permission is considered as federal wiretapping crime. Some flaws with this app are
- It consumes battery
- Your phone’s responsiveness decreases after installation
- Pro version of this app doesn’t support contact search
This app is one of the best reverse phone lookup apps as it helps the user to block any unwanted calls. It has a database of around 1 million different spam numbers. The app can be used to find a name, address, or any other information related to an unknown number. Some of the issues that you may get with this app are
- General calls are also blocked sometimes
- App Notifications get late
- Sometimes, the app is unable to recognize local numbers
Whoscall is another reverse phone lookup app that has a database of more than 1 billion spam and scam calls. It has a built-in dialer and a conversation page. The number can still be identified even when you are not connected to the internet as the app has its offline database.
Some features of this application are.
- Block any unwanted calls and SMS-messages;
- A database with billions of phone numbers;
- Search option in the database
- The ability to report unknown numbers to create a reliable communications network for everyone;
- An offline database.
The real caller is an application that checks and scans all the data about the number that is calling you or trying to connect to your phone. It is a great app that lets you filter the spam messages and calls and alert you about them as well.
- It has a huge database of users.
- It searches within seconds and gives out complete info of that unknown caller.
- After when you have found out that who is calling, you can add that number to your contact list. Or block it if it is anonymous.
Caller ID and Dialer
It is a great reverse phone lookup app that provides you with the best results and experience with the unknown callers. You just have to download the app and check the benefits yourself. It is a great dialer app as well, from which you can also view all of your contacts on the phone.
- It automatically syncs all the unknown caller’s numbers and then gives you all the details about them as well.
- You can add, merge, back up, etc.
Mr. Number is an app that is used as a blacklist with some enhanced functionalities. Users can easily block separate numbers or any anonymous calls, and he can also add the services coded calls to the blacklist too. You can also choose to add all the numbers of your contact list into the blacklist of this app.
Among other features of this app, there is an automatic caller search option by all numbers in the call log history of your phone so that you know who you want to block. You can look up the numbers in a smart dialer and see the call history and their names.
Some of the issues that you will experience using this app are.
- The free version is a bit less efficient
- It automatically rejects the regular calls
- The paid version of the app is quite disappointing as it offers only to the call blocking in the paid version too.
In this discussion, we discussed about all the best top 10 best reverse phone lookup apps, and we discussed all their specific features as well. All of the data mentioned here is relevant and authentic; we hope this info is useful to you, and if there are any questions, you can leave a comment below.
Is there any legitimate reverse app phone lookup?
Unfortunately, the reverse phone lookup remains one of the only few kinds of online searches that is almost impossible to get for free. There are only a few and works really well for free.